Tower Raiders on Android

A place where Tower Raiders players can hang out, swap strategies, and get an inside scoop on upcoming features

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mission 23
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Seriously, Mission 23 on Invasion is irritating the hell out of me. I always lose at least 2 crystals. How did you guys do it? Any hints?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mission 23
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:18 pm 

first, i'll define the areas. row 1, then the crystals, then row 2 then row 3. each row has 4 sections i believe.

so i started with a mini gun in row 1 section 1, a cannon in row 1 section two, and then after getting a few more resources, a cannon in row 2 section 1. the trick i found was that you need to get one unit in each of the sections in row 1 so that your cannons in row 2 can shoot the raiders. I did place a slow tower in row 1 section 3 or 4 rather quickly, and focused on building cannons in row 2. I focused on upgrading everything in row 2 first, then row 3. i only upgraded a couple things in row 1.

in the end, i had one fully upgraded slow tower in each row and 2 or 3 mortars total. it took me 4 or 5 tries to save all 20.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 am 
Ensign

I have still not gotten past wave 7 with all 20 crystals intact. I swear I have tried every conceivable formulation of towers. Quite a challenge. I will try upgrading cannons; that's something that I felt was too much of a luxury for this level but I will try anything at this point.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:55 am 
Ensign

Alright, I did it finally, saved all 20 crystals. Here's how.

Spoiler alert - seriously, you should just do it yourself. This is a fun game and if you're on 23 you're about to run out of game. Thus you should not read any further and just keep trying until you get it.

Note: It gets WAAAAY easier on about wave 12. I have no idea why. The first boss is at wave 15. Two bosses on wave 19. After wave 12 (approximately) I don't think a single raider got to the bottom row, and very few even got to the end of the first row. I had hundreds of unused resources several times.

Three rows, each with three sets of three squares. I indicate below what I built in order as you're looking at the screen.

M = mini gun
F = flame tower
C = cannon
S = slow (freeze) tower

MMF MMM FMM
CCS CCC SCC
MCC FSF CCM

Think I have a thing for symmetry? :)

I upgraded the cool towers to freeze towers first because that's always my first upgrade. Then I upgraded the cannons in the second row and the flame towers in the first row.

When bosses showed up I recycled mini guns and put lasers in two places on the top row so that the whole top row would be a little more useful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 pm 
Captain

LawHawk wrote:
Alright, I did it finally, saved all 20 crystals. Here's how.

Spoiler alert - seriously, you should just do it yourself. This is a fun game and if you're on 23 you're about to run out of game. Thus you should not read any further and just keep trying until you get it.

Note: It gets WAAAAY easier on about wave 12. I have no idea why. The first boss is at wave 15. Two bosses on wave 19. After wave 12 (approximately) I don't think a single raider got to the bottom row, and very few even got to the end of the first row. I had hundreds of unused resources several times.

Three rows, each with three sets of three squares. I indicate below what I built in order as you're looking at the screen.

M = mini gun
F = flame tower
C = cannon
S = slow (freeze) tower

MMF MMM FMM
CCS CCC SCC
MCC FSF CCM

Think I have a thing for symmetry? :)

I upgraded the cool towers to freeze towers first because that's always my first upgrade. Then I upgraded the cannons in the second row and the flame towers in the first row.

When bosses showed up I recycled mini guns and put lasers in two places on the top row so that the whole top row would be a little more useful.

LawHawk ....what difficulty are you doing this on? Did this work for you on Raidpocalypse?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:34 pm 
Ensign

Passed towergeddon with 18 crystals. Think I'm onto something. Has anyone finished on Raid with 20 crystals? This level is seriously driving me nuts. I will finish this with 20 crystals on raidpocalypse

Profile E-mail