Tower Raiders on Android

A place where Tower Raiders players can hang out, swap strategies, and get an inside scoop on upcoming features

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am 
Ensign

After 11 losses and one restart I finally beat level 24 Desperate Measures. Thanks M.G.G.G. for making the best game on Android OS right now and I hope that you continue to update the game. Hopefully you are getting enough financial support from buyers to add more levels and potentially more types of enemies and more towers. One thing I was thinking about was potentially adding a fourth or fifth level to each of the towers and expanding the ratings bars of the towers to make the game more complex.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Finally!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 am 
Site Admin

Awesome!! Welcome, and good job! You are now in an elite group of 4 players that I am aware of!

I also am thinking of what could be done with a 4th level of units - and the totally unused color blue :). It would be nice if some of the upgrades were more tech-tree-ish and varied the units abilities.

And you are spot on with your linkage of support in the market with updates to the game. I've been very busy these last few days working on how to return the support to players. The support has enabled me to aquire additional hardware that will enable the game to be played on a wider range of phones - the good part for existing players is the end result will be optimizations that help keep framerate up and result in a more fluid experience with the game for them. AND... I'm in the process of vetting several art suppliers, so that laser towers won't always look like big candles, etc. I want to really nail the core of the game, then it can branch out a bit :). Pretty + fluid -> then build out (maps, etc). So, thank you for your support :). I'm working out the best way to return it.

And yeah, good job beating the game!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 am 
Ensign

I also beat the game tonight...but it only took me one try for level 24! Do I get a special no-prize?

Granted, I beat it with only a single crystal, but who's counting?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 am 
Site Admin

:) You're number 5 that I know of, but the first to beat 24 on one try! Even I didn't do that, and I have certain recon/intelligent on the Raiders that's hard to beat!!

GOOD JOB :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 pm 
I am only on lvl 19 but i just wanted to let the dev know how much I've enjoyed the game. Good work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you mystery!!! It totally makes the hard work worth it knowing so many people have enjoyed it :-D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm 
Ensign

I just beat the game tonight. All around most entertaining game on android. Very well done. I hope this game becomes a success so you can add content and/or develop another game. Just awesome. Thank you for all the time you have put into Tower Raiders Gold!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Sweet! You're #9 I think that I know of Mystery!!

And yes, the success of the game to date means like it or not you get more :). When players buy games on mobile devices they enable the developer to fund further development :) AND, it encourages other devs put products out on such devices too :). So -- thank you for your support!! In the end it gets returned right back to you in the form of more games from GG or others!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:31 pm 
Ensign

great game.. took 2 weeks to get through it all. kinda stuck on top secret.. hard level

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 am 
Ensign

I finished it week or so ago with about 16 crystals remaining, took me a few of goes, mainly because when I see that the strategy was bad I aborted.

Have been going back and playing other levels on harder level and a bit of playing maps for that 100% count.

Just thought I'd try and beat my 3 star rating on this last map now at 100%, may even try harder level.

I like more maps too... How about making a map builder so we can make maps and upload them?
You select more to bundle with the game for other platforms, this would ensure a good uptake. :)

Profile E-mail