Tower Raiders on Android

A place where Tower Raiders players can hang out, swap strategies, and get an inside scoop on upcoming features

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introductions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 pm 

So I am Dave an IT/security study and I am addicted to TR in my spare time. I work, go to school, have a family, moderate several forums, fix computers in whatever spare time isn't spent on TR and much much more. Any questions?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Introductions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Well, my name is John or JB. I am an independent contractor i.e... truck driver. I too have a family, but they are mostly grown. I spend a lot of time reading tech blogs and hacking phones, just out of sheer boredom, really. Mostly, I like to write, which some of you have probably already deduced. I'm slightly behind in my TR missions, due to work. I'm hoping to have some downtime soon. Although, this really isn't a good time of year for it.

I admin a lot. It's fun for me. Last gig I had was a while ago and I had a staff of 30 on a 18,000 member board.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm 

I, too, am a bit behind on missions due to work. I feel your pain. :(

I'm Frank. I am a married software developer in Florida. All my kids are of the furry variety. [Which saves quite a bit on college expenses for them. :P ] I used to think I live my life jacked into the net before I got a smartphone. Since I picked up these Droids for me and my wife it's become worse. Someone save me. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:32 pm 

Frank I have been hacking sat phones for years to comlink my laptop into the net where ever I go, then I too got the droid ah the sweet bliss of 7 lbs less

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 pm 
Lieutenant

Infrastructure IT worker for a large company, with odd hours. In my spare time I putter around with some coding projects, but have zero ambition towards creating anything salable.
EDIT: Oh. Also: new to Android, loved it conceptually for months, and after months of network issues with a certain other phone that all smartphone reviews seem to compare their reviewed items to, now loving it practically.

At some point, planning on figuring out what toolkits etc are used for andr dev to create a simple book reader which can read simple html (why doesn't this already exist) and remembers where you were in the file; life without this is painful, and I figure it'd be a decent starting project.

Profile E-mail