Tower Raiders on Android

A place where Tower Raiders players can hang out, swap strategies, and get an inside scoop on upcoming features

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Level 11 Criss Cross
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm 
Ensign

I have tried this level 18 times now and cannot pass it for the life of me.
Is anyone else having issues passing this level?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Level 11 Criss Cross
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm 
Ensign

Found a thread below that that helped! Passed the level finally.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Good for you. Good luck with the higher levels.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:58 am 
Lieutenant

I felt this map was wildly unbalanced. I barely beat it once after many defeats whereas later stages I was able to beat with 4-5 stars

Last edited by essexfuzz on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 am 
Site Admin

11 can definitely feel unbalanced at first... The point of this map is to make sure the player has learned to route the raiders for maximum effect before continuing. After that level 11 is a cakewalk, and you'll be able to use the same strategies on the maps that follow.

So, I use level 11 as an example of how to think about routing the raiders so your guns have 4-8 chances to blast away at the raiders... I don't usually put up solutions for the other maps - but once you see how to do it here you can come up with great strategies for those maps on your own :)

(Spoiler: Path solution here is at this link)
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=96

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm 
Ensign

Only negative about taking the same route in and out is that fresh raiders can shortcut defenses by grabbing a reclaimed crystal as it makes its way back to the stockpile. That could be a game loser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:08 pm 
Lieutenant

This map is pretty easy after you figure out a good route. You can make the raiders pass by the middle section 7 times, making any towers there super powerful. Placing the first few towers on wave 1 and 2 can be a little tricky, though. After that, just build your route and they will die (rather slowly, it is a long route).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm 
Ensign

This CAN be done...
1) Definitely use the route suggested above.
2) Cannons are everything on this map. Place them to get triple or double use, either on the double-back portion of the route or on places where they can swivel to hit 2 or 3 different sections of the route. (Mortars are great, too, but you can't afford more than a few of those, at the rate the raiders keep coming.)
3) Because there are so few places on this map where you can slow raiders down with turns, you must use Cool Rays. Upgrade them as soon as you can, especially where their increased range will cover more than one section of the route.
4) Use a few flame throwers and/or mini-guns near the entrance to thin out the foot-soldiers. If too many of the little guys make it through to your cannons further on, they'll distract cannon fire from the wheeled vehicles.
5) In the early rounds, cover the exit with lots of cannon firepower and an upgraded Cool Ray and Laser. This will save your butt in the middle rounds, when the raiders start to come fast and furious - especially the fast, black armored ones that are so hard to kill.
6) As soon as that starts to work, throw all the the firepower you can along the double-back route and especially around the crystal store, so you can blast the little buggers before they even get near the exit. You'll need to scatter a few Lasers around there too. Upgrade those cannons like crazy - again, giving priority to those that can cover more than one portion of the route.

Profile E-mail