Tower Raiders on Android

A place where Tower Raiders players can hang out, swap strategies, and get an inside scoop on upcoming features

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Map 19 "You Gotta Get Them Before They Get You
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm 
Well I finally finished this level and am officially 1-10. Of course I only had 1 gem left, but a wins a win! Wish I could help others, but I'm obviously not very skilled at this level.
Patrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 am 
Ensign

I studied the map for a long time before I started each time, mapping out the most efficient route. It only took me 3 tries to beat, and I did so with all 20 crystals left in the end. in fact, no one raider even came close to escaping. If you use this strategy, the defenses will melt away with ease.

As soon as I figure out how to take a screen shot of the map on my Droid I can post a picture up. Or if anyone has one handy, post it up and I'll draw it out real purdy. Otherwise, you'll have to READ. ugh!

You have to imagine the longest possible route. Because of the lay-out, you will only need to make one continuous path leading the raiders to the crystals and back, passing through (almost) every pod twice. To start, you're given 2 choices. You can either force the raiders straight up into the larger rectangles...or you can turn right and make them go through each pod. You want to go with the latter and force them to the right. pod 2, the larger one on the bottom left, you force them first down, and then back up zig zagging into to that 4-way in/out little square in the middle, then DOWN to the bottom right pod...(within this one you need to have the bottom LEFT box blocked off, the one leading to the exit...this forces them to go back into pod2 on the way out...if they get that far ;p). then you force them UP that little connector to the BIG rectangle...then a sharp left all the way across into the left box, then you can sort of zig-zag a little bit...leave the 2 small pods on the top alone and just go back across to the right into the big rectangle...then make zig-zags..2 from the top, skip, 2 from the bottom, skip, etc all the way to the rocks

Fortify each section with the typical...in this sense, this level isn't difficult. You just load up each pod with maybe 1-3 Mini-Guns, a Laser, and a Cool Ray, with Cannons spread around the parts encompassing the most road area. Leave open spots for Mortars and Stingers spread about. Build the first 2 or 3 squares up well and then start to buy/upgrade those Solar Arrays ASAP...place them on those very first 2 squares by the exit and then all the way at the top on the 2 smaller pods that we decided we wouldn't route the raiders through. You won't really need to start upgrading anything for a while, and even when you do, it'll be your Cool Rays, Mortars, and eventually Stingers, sometimes lasers, but never your cannons or your Mini-guns. leave them in the green. eventually you'll need to have between 7 and 10 solar arrays, upgrading a couple...if you do this right, upgrading the stingers will be no problem. I think I had 5 stingers in the end, 3 of them Elite, the other 2 Mega. you will need them. I didn't use any flames, so skip those. IF you build your path correctly, the defense will melt and no raider will come anywhere NEAR the exit. I finished with 5 stars and about 450 extra resources.

This one feels amazing to beat. It's my by far my favorite level. I hope these tips help. Like I said, hopefully I'll have a map soon to post to help you better visualize the strategy.

Cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 am 
Ensign

Wow, the first 2 tries were useless, then I tried another approach and it was easy.
The key really is to divert the raiders in a way that makes them pass each tower twice and to make it as long as possible.
I cannot make screenshots but here I took 2 pics and stitched them together to give you an idea (click for large pic).
This way you can finish with all 20 crystals and several hundreds of resources.
I had 4 SAMs, 3 of which elite and many solar panels.
As solid85 explaines you can leave the guns green.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm 
Lieutenant

How long does it take to pay off an upgraded solar array? Does anybody know? Since it costs so much (350) to fully upgrade an array, isn't it better to build seven arrays, if you have the room? I almost never upgrade them. Maybe I should.

I used a couple different strategies on the easy levels. An all cannon approach worked pretty good, but not on Raidpocalypse. I used a mixture of all towers with more success. The main thing you have to worry about is a boss picking up a crystal from dead black car on wave 10. After wave 10 you can start cranking out solar arrays. Don't put your stingers too far to the left because they don't get a good shot on leaving jets. Three elite stingers is all you need for wave 20.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm 
Focus on the largest block of tower placements. Then work on routing them round the other spots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:13 am 
The problem I'm having is coming up with enough funds to 1) form my maze, 2) build solar arrays, 3) create enough firepower to kill the raiders before they get off the map, all at the same time. If I could focus on one of those objectives at a time...I guess that's kinda redundant seeing as how that's the objective in all these maps, but this one is definitely the hardest yet. I've come up with a good path that has the ability to kill all the ground based raiders but I cant get it set up before half my crystals are gone to the shielded cars. And it takes all my resources to be able to put out enough firepower to kill the raiders so there's not enough left over to put out solar panels to afford the stingers. Fun level design, but it's frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 am 
In case you were wondering, my path goes like this: route them through the first small room and into the next. In this room put a wall around the top 2 doors and route them through the bottom right. In this room, block off the south exit in the middle of the room with a chain gun in the small adjoining room, and make a barrier along the far right wall, restricting their access to the crystals. This wall follows the shape of the room and goes around the top door to this room. The raiders are now forced to go into the room, turn north, exit back into the small room they just left, exit that room to the north, go right through the tiny room, and then back into the largest room, following the wall I set up to the crystals, then exiting the room through the southeast door. They go straight through this room into the larger southern most room, through the northwest door, turn left into the final room and then exit.

The large room is the kill zone as they're forced to go through it twice. Combo's of chain guns, cannons, freeze towers, a lazer and some fully upgraded mortars can kill most anything before it leaves through the southern door, but like I said above, it's really hard to get all that set up before I get over-run and it doesn't leave any resources available for solar panels.

Any suggestions/improvements would be really appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am 
For some reason Geozec's post wasn't on my screen the first time I looked and I hadn't seen it when I posted...that map looks awesome, nicely done. I'm gonna try that :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm